•1/2 kilo beef (round or sirloin cut) cut into cubes
•1/2 kilo oxtail, cut 2 inch long
•3 cups of peanut butter
•1/4 cup grounded toasted rice
•1/2 cup cooked bagoong alamang (anchovies)
•2 pieces onions, diced
•2 heads of garlic, minced
•4 tablespoons atsuete oil
•4 pieces eggplant, sliced 1 inch thick
•1 bundle Pechay (Bok choy) cut into 2 pieces
•1 bundle of sitaw (string beans) cut into 2″ long
•1 banana bud, cut similar to eggplant slices, blanch in boiling water
•1/2 cup oil
•8 cups of water
•Salt to taste
1. In a stock pot, boil beef and oxtail in water for an hour until cooked and tender. Strain and keep the stock.
2. In a big pan or wok, heat oil and atsuete oil.
3. Sauté garlic, onions until golden brown, then add the stock, toasted rice, beef, oxtail and peanut butter. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Add salt to taste.
4. Add the eggplant, string beans, pechay and banana bud. Cook the vegetables for a few minutes. Be careful not to overcook the vegetables.
5. Serve with bagoong on the side and hot plain rice.
Labels: Beef Recipes